The 3rd JTC1 workshop will be held on 7th-10th June 2023 in Oslo, Norway.
The technical sessions on a Thursday (8th) and Friday (9th), with Icebreaker on the Wednesday evening (7th) and excursion on the Saturday (10th).
The program will include five keynote lectures, a number of invited lectures, the 3rd Hutchinson Lecture, as well as discussion sessions.
A poster session for younger scientists with invited presenters is also planned.
AA detailed technical programme with information about the technical sessions will come soon!
3rd Hutchinson lecture
The 3rd Hutchinson lecture will be delivered by prof. Clarence Choi, The The University of Hong Kong (HKU), Hong Kong.
- Rock mass degradation and landslide initiation;
- Climate and anthropogenic impact on landslide risk in various geographic regions, including the Arctic;
- Prediction of landslide mobility and inundation, including landslides initiated at mine tailings storage facilities;
- Application of modern remote sensing technologies to landslide risk assessment;
- Landslide risk reduction strategies: risk mitigation, including early warning and nature-based solutions;
- Applications of new technologies like machine learning for landslide susceptibility and landslide hazard mapping.